Intellectual and intelligent Caucasian male, retired, grounded in the truths of scientic theory and the scientific method. Lives in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Graduated from a post-secondary institution with a degree in Computer Science
Some things I find of interest – a credo, mayhaps:
01. Do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you.
02. In all things, strive to cause no harm.
03. Treat your fellow human beings, your fellow living things, and the world in general with love, honesty, faithfulness and respect.
04. Do not overlook evil or shrink from administering justice, but always be ready to forgive wrongdoing freely admitted and honestly regretted.
05. Live life with a sense of joy and wonder.
06. Always seek to be learning something new.
07. Test all things; always check your ideas against the facts, and be ready to discard even a cherished belief if it does not conform to them.
08. Never seek to censor or cut yourself off from dissent; always respect the right of others to disagree with you.
09. Form independent opinions on the basis of your own reason and experience; do not allow yourself to be led blindly by others.
10. Question everything.
11. Enjoy your own sex life (so long as it damages nobody else) and leave others to enjoy theirs in private whatever their inclinations, which are none of your business.
12. Do not discriminate or oppress on the basis of sex, race or (as far as possible) species.
13. Do not indoctrinate your children. Teach them how to think for themselves, how to evaluate evidence, and how to disagree with you.
14. Value the future on a timescale longer than your own.